Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Sendek leaving NC State

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sendek leaving NC State

    Sendek leaving NC State to coach Arizona State - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

    I think this will be a big loss for NC State. Although they haven't had great success under Sendek in the ACC, they have been a very tough opponent, and NC State doesn't have anywhere near the talent as most of the ACC schools IMO.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sendek leaving NC State

    Maybe he could apply for the PV job!HAHA He is a really good coach. I think his lack of personal flair didn't endear him to the fans. Guy did a lot with a little, though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sendek leaving NC State

    the real questino is why would he really want to leave a team that he had competitive year in and year out to go to a losing team in the shadows of Arizona?
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sendek leaving NC State

    The great green. Plus, NC State fans was wanting him run out of town for the most part. It made no sense at all that they were mad, but it was because he is not very flamboyant IMO.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sendek leaving NC State

    yeah they definitely wanted him out...or at least the alumni did
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sendek leaving NC State

    The unfortunate thing about Sendek's situation is that he seems to be very good at what he gets paid to do...coach. But, the boosters,fans, etc. want flash and one liners. Some people don't do that. I agree, they have wanted him out at NC State and now they can go after somebody who is great at delivering punchlines. I'd rather have the great coach. Good luck to Sendek. I hope they appreciate him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •